Cannot build ISO

[ please write to the list, not me personally. ]

Tony Godshall wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Adi Linden <adil at adis.on.ca> wrote:
>>>  . Use the latest git sources (not yet uploaded?) live-helper and
>>>    specify: --union-filesystem-aufs
>>>  . Use recent live-helper and specify: --union-filesystem-aufs \
>>>    --linux-packages 'linux-image-2.6 aufs-modules-2.6 squashfs-modules-2.6'
>>>    (this is implied in the GIT sources but not yet uploaded I guess).
>>>  . wait until unionfs works again; (ETA?)
>> It tried this:
>>
>>   lh_config \
>>     --union-filesystem aufs \
>>     --linux-packages 'linux-image-2.6 aufs-modules-2.6 squashfs-modules-2.6'
>>   lh_build
>>
>> It worked, much appreciated! Now on to figure out how to customize the
>> environment to do what I want it to do. Need to have mdadm, lvm2, ssh, set
>> passwords, etc....
>

> I too tried this (on ubuntu feisty), with the latest from your git
> repository and it seems it can't find apt-get and aptitude (even if I
> specify them explicitly)...

if aptitude is not available, this means that the bootstrap stage was
not complete/successfull/$whatever. as you can see from the log, it
wasn't bootstrapped here, but the cache was used, means, we cannot know
anything about its condition.

do a lh_clean purge and rebuild from scratch.