Cannot build ISO

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 01:09:12PM -0500, Adi Linden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Debian Live ISO will not boot. I am getting this error on the console:
>
>   /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>   (initramfs)
>
> I found a live.log which states:
>
>   /init: /init: 1: cannot opne /dev/fd0: No such device or address
>   debug: Can not mount backdev /dev/loop0 (image = /live/image/live/filesystem.squashfs) on croot/imagename //filesystem.squashfs
>   mount: Mounting unionfs on /root failed: No such device
>   unionfs mount failed
>
> This is my very first try with Debian Live CD. I suspect that this should
> be a rather simple thing I am missing since the procedure I followed was
> very plain basic.
>
> I started out with a fresh minimal install of Debian testing. To that I
> added cdebootstrap and live-helper.
>
>     apt-get install cdebootstrap
>     apt-get install live-helper
>
> I then simply ran
>
>     lh_config && lh_build
>
> That resulted in a binary.iso that when booted gave me the error described
> above.
I guess it's the same "no unionfs modules in sid" problem that
everyone has for the last 2 weeks.  Your options are:

 . Use the latest git sources (not yet uploaded?) live-helper and
   specify: --union-filesystem-aufs
 . Use recent live-helper and specify: --union-filesystem-aufs \
   --linux-packages 'linux-image-2.6 aufs-modules-2.6 squashfs-modules-2.6'
   (this is implied in the GIT sources but not yet uploaded I guess).
 . wait until unionfs works again; (ETA?)

Justin