Rebuilding of existing chroot

Yes, you can "remaster" the .iso - a hacky way to change the chroot without
rerunning make-live.

1. Loop mount the iso
2. Copy the iso content into another directory
3. Replace casper/filesystem.squash with the new squash image. To do that
you can use:
 mksquashfs chroot/* image/casper/filesystem.squashfs
4. Create the new iso with mkisofs... Example:
mkisofs \
-A "Vamos Server" \
-p "Vamos - http://vamos.bountysource.com/ " \
-publisher "Vamos - http://vamos.bountysource.com/"; \
-o ./vamos-server.iso -r -J -l -V "Vamos Server `date +%Y%m%d`" \
-b isolinux/isolinux.bin \
-c isolinux/boot.cat \
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table \
image

Maybe make-live is doing/will do something similar, not sure about it...

Hope this helps.

Hadar
vamosproject.org