Bug#452444: honor ip=
- Subject: Bug#452444: honor ip=
- From: vagrant at freegeek.org (vagrant at freegeek.org)
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:25:07 -0800
- Message-id: <20071201032507.GA26167@ryukin.fglan>
- In-reply-to: <474607AA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20071122222829.GN22355@shaka.acc.umu.se> <474607AA.email@example.com>
On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 11:50:18PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Anton Lundin wrote:
> > Its not nice and should probably be abstracted to a separate fuction to
> > run in all the diffrent cases, and not just the nfs-root case.
> actually, initramfs-tools should be refactured for this, in order to let
> the different initramfs-tools hooks (like live-initramfs) use it and
> share the code, rather than to implement/copy the same code again.
> anyone got spare time to look into the issue?
use the configure_networking function introduced in initramfs-tools 0.91
(debian bug #439397).
note that this would break compatibility with etch(and currently lenny
too), unless you also used a backport of initramfs-tools.