Question about Customise Debian Live

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:26:15AM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  I'm enjoying build live images. Thanks to Debian Live developers :)
>  Now I have questions to customise live images.
>
> Q) To add packages, run "lh_config -p <packagename>". But how to
>    exclude/remove packages from live image? (or just login to chroot
>    environment and use aptitude?)
You've got --packages-lists for big lists in
/usr/share/live-helper/lists/* and --packages to add individual
packages.  Likewise you have ./config/chroot_local-packages{,lists} to
put your own .debs and define your own lists respectively.

If you want to install everything in one of the distributed lists
minus a copy packages, you might put a modified copy in
chroot_local-packageslists.

If you use aptitude, it *might* work to suffix the package names with
a "-" or a "_" but I'm not sure and it's prolly not guaranteed to
continue working in the future, either.

> Q) Ubuntu live CDs have "install to HDD" shortcut. Does Debian Live
>    support this feature? If not, how do I get this?
I don't think there's any way to start an installer from the live
session.  However you can build with --debian-installer enabled
--debian-installer-daily enabled and boot with "install".

Or you can boot to a live session and use the debootstrap install
"method" documented in the install manual.

Justin