making it easier for the newbies and reducing the list workload [Re: stuck in ubuntu-mode?]

> > Try moving the config/ directory out of the way, re-running lh_config,
> > and copying your customized files back into place.  I ran into a
> > similar problem.
>
> That didn't work.
>
> Reading the scripts, it turns out that this is set according to the
> host system.  When I run it in debian those get set to debian values
> unless you set them in config/binary.

By the way, everyone, it would probably reduce a lot of these newbie
frustrations (and given how new the live-helper framework is, aren't
we all except perhaps Daniel) if

a) the meaning of the options were documented in the manpages, not
just with the LH_ entries in config/*

b) it were clear that the LH_ options have to be set in config/* and
that those set in the shell environment are *ignored*.

I'm not in a position to submit patches to this effect myself right
now (it'd take a lot of research on my part and I've got a deadline)
but if no one gets to it, I will, eventually.

OTOH, someone who knows the scripts well could probably do it pretty
quickly, and then maybe wouldn't have to answer so many questions on
the list...

--
Best Regards.
Please keep in touch.