[patch] incorrect default value for LH_INITRAMFS

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:50:51 +0300
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> Well, this is where this test is implemented. I just want to apply the
> same logic for both "auto" and an empty value. With the original script,
> if I set it to "auto" this snippet would set it to a distro-specific
> value but with an empty value, it would get set to auto.

Ah, I see.  I misunderstood.  I agree it appears to be wrong and should
be set to the same thing for either case.

> Well, without it things don't work. With it , things do.

Well, that's not very specific ...

> Specifically lh_binary_linux-image assumes that the value of
> LH_BINARY_IMAGES is one of iso, net, tar or usb-hdd.

But that's a different variable ...

Anyway, I still maintain it is wrong.  It's now just wrong in the same
way for both cases.  The value saved in config/common should be "auto".
This patch makes the value saved in config/common be the distribution-
specific value, destroying the ability to "auto" set the initramfs
in subsequent builds if-and-when you change the distribution to a
different value.

But ... I don't know how to fix this.  lh_config calls Set_defaults
before rewriting all configs.  If we make Set_defaults responsible
for determining "auto" values, the "autoness" is lost.  It seems
there should be a separate step that determines at build time all
appropriate values for any variable set to "auto" (or any other
"derived" value that needs to be determined at build time).  I have
not yet done a thorough review of the code to find the appropriate
place.

Thanks,
Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca