[patch] incorrect default value for LH_INITRAMFS

This patch is not correct.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:07:14 +0300
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> When a value for LH_INITRAMFS is not set, defaults.sh will set it to
> 'auto' rather than setting it to something sensible (as is when it is
> set explicitly to 'auto'.

The rationale for setting it to auto and not explicitly to some value
is that it depends on the distribution.  If you do a build, then change
the distribution to something new, LH_INITRAMFS will remain unchanged.
This will likely break (e.g. if it was etch before and you change to
lenny or sid, casper is not in lenny or sid, but the initramfs remains
as casper, so you end up with a broken build).

The "auto" value allows live-helper to automatically select an
appropriate value for the currently configured distribution *at build
time*.  So it should remain "auto" unless manually configured to be
a specific initramfs ("casper" or "live-initramfs").

I'm not sure why you think the way it is now is a problem.  Please
explain.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org