mount /var from hd during booting & disable autologin

El jue, 30-08-2007 a las 14:13 +0200, Damian Lubosch escribi?:
> Hello Daniel
>
> Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Damian Lubosch wrote:
> >
> >> I want to build a web-server which runs its system from CD (with "toram"
> >> option) but stores its data on /var. Thus I need to exchange the live-cd
> >> /var by my harddisk's /var during boot. I want to have persistent log
> >> data and a persistent database, of course. I plan to using an
> >> empty/prepared/just-for-this-purpose harddisk. I can even copy all
> >> contents from the live-cd-var to hdd-var, no problem. I just want it to
> >> take the hdd-var after one-time initialization.
> >>

> > by FHS, you would store your document root in /srv/$whatever anyway, so
> > i would rather mount your hdd partition as /srv, and not as /var.
> >

> I know. Debian usually uses /var/www which I do not really care. I can
> even have the webserver pages (*.php) on the CD.
>
> My biggest concern is to keep the database, logfiles, and a few other
> files persistent. I thought, the easiest would be to have /var/ on the hdd.

/var contains more files and dirs (not only web pages or mysql
databases)

/var/cache
/var/run
/var/log
/var/lib

I think if you mount hdd /var during boot you will have a lot of
problems.

You can try to make a script and put
into /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live-bottom/

deleting all stuff in /var/lib/mysql and /var/www and using unionctl to
add your hdd to union

Greetings
--
http://soleup.eup.uva.es/mariodebian