Need Help Customizing

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 03:08:15PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I normally use icewm and a limited number of applications.
>
>  From the Wiki I understood that make-live --help would show the
> available windows managers but when I entered this command I got a
> message that make-live was depreciated and replaced by lh_build.  This
> command works but I don't understand how to create a customized iso.
>
> I downloaded the standard iso and burnt a cd which boots very nicely.  I
> started to experiment with this but found I was unable to edit the
> /etc/network/interfaces file (using vi) because I don't know the
> password for root.
>

> Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction?
Hi Tom,

I'll nudge you but only if you update the wrong wiki pages across
which you come.

In a very recent upload (<2 weeks ago?), make-live was deprecated [0].
Just use lh_config with the same options that were used for make-live,
then lh_build.  lh_config creates a ./config/ with the command line
options you specified.  You can further tweak the files before running
lh_build, or run lh_build then tweak the files and rerun lh_build
after lh_cleaning the appropriate stages.

AFAIR there is no root password (locked with passwd -l); you're
intended to use sudo instead.

Justin