netboot and two flavours

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:59:52PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:

> first of all, in debian, there are no symlinks in chroot/boot, so this
> is actually not needed. second, even if there are symlinks added by the
> user, they shall not be removed from the chroot, as we do not want the

I don't add any symlinks, but they appear there:

vmlinz
vmlinz.old
initrd.img
initrd.img.old

There are 4 symlinks at least. It created by postinst scripts of
some packages ( may be kernel package or initramfs package), as
result of running this scripts more then one times. Danial,
please look at this situation. It may concern some way to
live-initramfs. Don't know exactly. But this is fact: symlinks
presents.

In my tests I don't touch chroot in any way and don't add any other packages
then those from standard list.

> >   5. Used syslinux.cfg template instead pxelinux.cfg for netboot
>
> applied, although i'm unsure if it works without the path prefixes.
> could be broken now.

What prefix? I have tested. No problems.

--

****   Vladimir Stavrinov  ******