usb img build

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:14:30 +0200
Albert Czarnecki <aczarnecki at osanet.pl> wrote:
> at moment when I install grub on pendrive I get error
>
> sudo grub-install --root-directory=/media/sda3 --no-floppy '(hd1)'
> Due to a bug in xfs_freeze, the following command might produce a
> segmentation
> fault when /media/sda3/boot/grub is not in an XFS filesystem. This error
> is harmless and
> can be ignored.
> xfs_freeze: specified file ["/media/sda3/boot/grub"] is not on an XFS
> filesystem
> Installation finished. No error reported.

So ... it says you *may* get a seg fault (which you don't) and if you do
you can ignore it.  It informs you (not an error) that the target isn't
an XFS filesystem, and then tells you there are no errors reported.  So
what's the problem?

> This is the contents of the device map /media/sda3/boot/grub/device.map.
> Check if this is correct or not. If any of the lines is incorrect,
> fix it and re-run the script `grub-install'.
>
> (hd1) /dev/sda

Looks reasonable.  On a single drive install system, GRUB would see the
second drive (the USB drive) as hd1, as shown above (and as documented
in the wiki HowTo you are following).

Have you tried continuing from this point in the HowTo?  Do you have any
further problems?

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org