dhcp on ethN instead of eth0

Alle marted? 26 giugno 2007, Fr?d?ric BOITEUX ha scritto:

While I was at the debconf my modem died, so this late reply.

I would like to thank Andreas Schuldei for the bug report and Mathieu for the
patch.

I revied the patch and it seems nice, so I think we will integrate it in
live-initramfs soon.

>  I know udev can handle this kind of problem, naming interfaces
> following some rules (as a MAC address -> ethX rules) : could it be
> possible to use a similar solution to have a consistent way to name
> interfaces ? Having possibility to send DHCP request on another
> interface than eth0 is helpful, but we'd be sure that the other ethX is
> the correct one !

Nice points, I would like to address this problem with Vagrant Cascadian,
mergeing the code in live-initramfs and initramfs-tools since the code in
common is now just duplicated. This will take some time, mainly to find the
time to discuss, so meanwhile I'll apply the patch, test it and upload a new
version.

Did Andreas Schuldei already tried the patch? It works for your use case?

--
ESC:wq