custom kernel in local directory

Chris Ross wrote:
>    But won't that be fixed automatically if they're all on the dpkg -
> i command-line?  the ordering based on requirements.

yep.

except in that very nutcase, where your local packages are that long, so
that xargs splits it up to two dpkg calls, and linux-image is in the
second, the modules in the first.

although this is possible (e.g. when we will have aufs-modules-* soon),
it is unlikely to happen (today it's even impossible, since the packages
are sorted alphabetically, so l* comes always before s* and u* anyway).

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net