dhcp on ethN instead of eth0

* Mathieu GELI (mathieu.geli at gmail.com) [070625 00:18]:
> ok, I got it now, the parsing code of the "debian-live" syntax
> (scripts/live-bottom/23networking) happens too late during the boot
> process, so it is useless.

cant it be moved forward?

> live-initramfs (or casper) could be patched taking the ip=*) handling
> from scripts/nfs and putting it into scripts/live. No patch yet, dirty
> code.
> Having that done, previous syntax (nfsroot.txt) works, but then we got
> two different s syntax for the same things.
>
> What does the "debian-live" syntax brings ?
> Why not sticking with the legacy one ?

yes, that is the plan. the live syntax is supposed to go away and
the kernel syntax should be taken over. so feel free to clean up
your code and send it upstream. tell me when it is in the
snapshots or in svn even. I would need a amd64 package, but i can
build that myself.

/andreas