--packages parameter not fully implemented

When I create a 'debian-live' system from the latest 'make-live' run, I used
among others the

--packages xorg xfce4

argument hoping that it would result in a live Debian with the xfce desktop.
But it seems that it only installed the xfce-4.4.1 package, but none of its
dependencies. Isn't 'make-live' using something like

	apt-get install xorg
	apt-get install xfce4

when coming accross a '--packages xorg xfce4' argument?

On another note: If I do it all manually, without using the 'make-live' tool,
do I have to do a

	apt-get install live-initramfs

before or after a

	apt-get install xorg
	apt-get install xfce4

Does the installation order matter for this case?

J.Neuhoff