How to include /etc/network/interfaces?

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Chris Lale wrote:
>> I want to include a custom /etc/network/interfaces file with a static IP
>> address. I put a copy of the custom file in
>> debian-live/config/chroot_local-includes/etc/network/interfaces.
>
> live-initramfs does overwrite this file at boot time. please have a look
> on the manpage of live-initramfs on how to configure network interfaces.
> append the boot options to LIVE_BOOTAPPEND in config/binary.

Thanks Daniel. Success! The solution was to have the line
	LIVE_BOOTAPPEND="ip=eth0,10.0.0.2,255.255.255.0,10.0.0.1"
in config/binary.

Now I find that I cannot include /etc/resolv.conf.

I clean up with lh_clean.
I place a copy in config/chroot_local-includes/etc/resolv.conf.
I rebuild with lh_build.

During the build I see this message:
	P: configuring file /etc/resolv.conf
The file appears in chroot/etc/resolv.conf and changes to the correct size.

The penultimate message is:
	P: configuring file /etc/resolv.conf
(again), and the file disappears from chroot. It does not exist when I run the
binary.

I cannot see anything helpful in man live-initramfs. I would be grateful for any
suggestions.

--
Chris.