custom kernel

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 02:35:18PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Invalid in what way? Could you attach it? What error do you
> get when you try to boot?

With LIVE_LINUX_FLAVOURS="" we got in isolinux.cfg

kernel /live/vmlinuz-*486

that is wrong.

With LIVE_LINUX_FLAVOURS="kernel_version" there wil be:

kernel /live/vmlinuz-kernel_version

that is right path, but file name is too long for loader (8.3
only format) The same is for initrd. At same time in the live directory coexists two
identical (shown by diff) pairs of images vmlinuz and vmlinuz-kernel_version and
so on initrd. I think this is result of incorrect copying of
symlinks to images.

But no matter. This is minor problem (or bug?) that can be
fixed. But as far as I see, it is impossible to get live system
without unionfs. This is main problem.

--

****   Vladimir Stavrinov  ******