custom kernel

Typical problem I am solving with custom kernel for years is
installation system onto hardware not supported by Debian. In
most cases this is disk (raid) controllers supported by drivers
in binary form only (no open source) available for limited list
of distributions like suse or redaht. Few years ago I have
written the script, generating bootable iso image with custom
kernel (e.g. taken from radhat) and as minimum running base
system from debian, boot loader and some extra packages. With
this image I install base system manually using debootstrap. All
is OK, but whole system running from big ram disk, at least 128
MB in size. That is why I think how to adapt debian live for
this task. Here is way I think about, but not testing yet:

1. Make package with custom kernel, e.g. kernel-2.6.22-custom.deb
2. Put kernel package to config/chroot_local-packages
3. Set configuration parameters:

	LIVE_LINUX_PACKAGES="kernel-2.6.22"
	LIVE_LINUX_FLAVOURS="custom"
	LIVE_CHROOT_FILESYSTEM="plain"