Dialog on a feature of netboot=nfs:// cifs:// http:// https://

Ther linux kernel can mount an NFS share or CIFS share as the root
partition... I'm not aware that one can "mount" http or https ???

I did write a patch (I think on mailing list/bug tracking system)
which modified the "toram" feature which might help towards what you
want.

The toram feature (last time i looked which was some time ago) copied
the root partition from  cdrom to memory. Then mounted it from memory.
My patch truied to modify that behavior to  so that rather than
copying from cdrom one could copy from NFS, http, tftp... etc.

Is that the sort of thing you were wanting?

Alex Owen