Dialog on a feature of netboot=nfs:// cifs:// http:// https://

Greetings,

I would like to request a feature for netbooting, namely to have the
ability be able to get the netboot folder via http or even https.

Also then to consider the netboot param to act as examples below:

netboot=nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/path
netboot=cifs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/path
netboot=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/path
netboot=https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/path

I am unsure how much work this would take but I think having the ability
to  make a boot cd (or pxe setup or whatever) and just type in the web
address that you wanted it to continue booting from. Then at the server
you could just tune the netboot folders shared out via http. Not to
mention a secure session via https.

Ok ideas and petition for the feature welcome.

Thx.

RJEnt. - Linux Solutions & Consulting