cow persistency again

To answer my own question, in case someone else experiences the same problem:

Using a 2nd /dev/sda2 'casper-rw' partition with an ext2 formatted filesystem
on the USB stick, even when mounted as /cow with the 'noatime' option, won't
prevent excessive write cycles to the USB stick for each file read.

Reason: The Unionfs doesn't respect the 'noatime' option for the /cow branch.
Hence, I'd not recommend using a 'casper-rw' partition on a USB stick
for /cow persistency.

J.Neuhoff