Changing the default shell in casper

Hello,

Would anyone happen to know how I can change the default shell for the
user that is automatically created by casper? I would really like to
use zsh, but can't figure out how to accomplish that.
I tried adding a custom /etc/default/useradd to the chroot; it is
on the live system, but casper doesn't seem to be using useradd.
A custom /etc/passwd would be pointless as well, being that the user
is apparently created during boot time. The casper documentation isn't
very helpful when it comes to that, either. Has anyone ever tried this
before?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
 ~Juergen