make-live ignores --without-recommends

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:31:41PM -0500, Juergen Fiedler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had some good success playing around with make-live, but there is
> one thing that I still don't get: If I try to create a standard live
> CD with just netwox added, there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent
> netwag from being installed: I use the command line
>
> LIVE_PACKAGES="netwox" make-live --without-recommends
>
> and  make-live still installs the only file recommended by netwox -
> along with a whole avalanche of dependencies. Is there anything
> obvious I'm missing? Any hints will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>  -juergen

After some more research, I can partially answer myself:
It appears that the aptitude running in the chroot happily ignores
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00make-live_recommends.conf. Changing

echo "Aptitude::Recommends-Important \"true\";" >
"${LIVE_CHROOT}"/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00make-live_recommends.conf

echo "Aptitude::Recommends-Important \"false\";" >>
"${LIVE_CHROOT}"/etc/apt/apt.conf

seems to produce the expected behavio(u)r. I also noticed a similar
disinterest in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/* on my 'normal' etch system.
Weird. Is that a general aptitude thing?

Curiously,
 -juergen