live and install in one CD?

I liked guideline 3!
I personally don't see the point in porting d-i or g-i to the live system...

Not sure what ubiquity does exactly... but surly we only wnat one way
to install debian: d-i.

What might be good is a GUI that build preseed files. Then launch d-i
using kexec after appending the generated preseed file to the d-i
initramfs.

Just a thought
Alex Owen