NFS kernel opsss in livecd

Hi again.

El dom, 10-09-2006 a las 23:14 +0300, Hadar escribi?:
> Hi Mario,
> I installed NFS server and didn't had that specific problem...
>
> But the server have never worked for me, because im having 2 other
> nfs-kernel-server related problems:
> 1. On the package installation i get an error that i'm missing kernel
> dependency... It is because im building the livecd in different
> architecture than the host's arch. The package seems to be installed
> anyway.

Same problem for me, error is that /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server script
try to load a kernel module and possibly chroot and root system aren't
running same kernel version. Not very critical (I think)

> 2. When trying to connect to the nfs server i always get "permission
> denied", no matter how i export things up...

Same problem :(

> Maybe the first problem screwed the installation...
> I will try to build the livecd with the same kernel as the host
> kernel, to see if there's a connection between the problems.
>
> Any hints will help.
>
> Thanks,
> Hadar.

I have some info about kernel crash. With no /etc/exports entries nfs
start ok and don't panic, if add later and exec:

exportfs -ra

All seems to work correctly but i can't mount and nfs share giving
always access denied.

I have probed nfs-user-server and don't work (access denied) but with
unfs3 (another user mode NFS server) all seems to work ok and I can
mount shares... (can't define entire network in one line, need to add
one line per host in /etc/exports) but remounting shared (to rw in
ramdisk) give me I/O errors.

Other method to mount a network filesystem??

--
http://soleup.eup.uva.es/mariodebian