Persistency only on some directories (was: Re: configuring home)

--- Ottavio Caruso <pr0f3ss0r1492@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What if I want enable persistency only on, say, /etc, /usr and
> /home?
[...]
> Sorry, I couldn't find any more documentation online.
>
> Ottavio

Apologies, I have found this on the casper-snapshot man page:

"OPTIONS
-c, --cow DIRECTORY
specifies the input directory to be cloned in the image file.[...]
-d, --device DEVICE
sets the device where the media which the snapshot/persistence
file/partition will be put. If it is not specified, a tmpfs will be
used and linked to the user's desktop to move it where it is needed.
[...]"

Excellent, but:
1) How do you hook these options onto make-live? Maybe with the
'--hook' parameter?
2) Again, if I want multiple persistencies (/etc, /usr/, /home) ?
3) Will casper-snapshot be uploaded to sid?

Ottavio