Debian live, Debian Desktop and tasks.

Gustavo Franco wrote:
> What do you mean with 'non-static live-package' ?

the debhelper like modularized (non-static) live-package.

> Btw, do you think that
> the new live-package will make Etch? If not, could you polish the patch
> and do a 'safe measure' upload ? You know, without the task based stuff
> no way for official images with the same set of packages as in d-i.

it depends on when the general freeze happens. however, why is this a
problem? as i said in my first reply to your mail, it's not actually a
problem, it's only the build-system which does not import something of
itself into the system (well, except the syslinux templates).

or, is there a policy now a days which needs official images to be built
within the same distribution their providing?