How did you manage to squeeze all in 48/83 MB?

Hello,

firstly, kudos to all developers! I abandoned this mailing list some
time ago, thinking (assuming, hoping ?) that Casper and live-package
would not end into the Debian repository any soon. I am pleased for
being wrong. I was also trying to develop my own pet project based on
dfs, but I had no success.

What I wonder is: if a standard etch installation takes about 200MB
(and you load packages from the base package, don't you?), how did
you manage to squeeze it all in 83 MB, never mind the minimal 48 M
image? I'd like to use the same system for other projects, namely a
minimal hd install.

Second, how do you use the source tarball?

Thank you

Ottavio