Problem in autodetecting my video card

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Donnellan" <ajdlinux@gmail.com>
To: "Nelson A. de Oliveira" <naoliv@gmail.com>;
<live@lists.debian-unofficial.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 4:54 AM
Subject: Re: Problem in autodetecting my video card

> On 6/24/06, Nelson A. de Oliveira <naoliv@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Today I tried to run Debian Live.
>> I have downloaded debian-live-sid-i386-xfce.iso, burned, booted and
>> when X was going to start, it didn't.
>> It looks that it hasn't detected my video card correctly.

One could include in Debian Live a failsafe (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failsafe ) videocard and screen by default .

I.e. after trying the videocard and screen, the script could ask : Is the
screen OK ?. If the answer is no or there is no answer in a certain number
of seconds, the script could ask : Do you want to use the failsafe option ?
Yes / No.

Regards.