Some ideas about Debian Live ...

Marco Amadori wrote:
> Daniel rewrote slightly the squashfs and unionfs package to allow out of tree
> building for standard linux-image debs. I hope maintainers could let those
> two packages enters sid soon.

unionfs is on a good way, I took over the package myself. squashfs was,
finally, uploaded too. So.. both packages are now in sid. We need to fix
those build errors on the more unpopular archs.

unionfs doesn't build currently on hppa, all other FTBFS (fail to build
from source) are related to the incapability of the respective
build-daemon (you can't build powerpc64 on powerpc32 for example), they
will be rebuild on a capable buildd by the resp. buildd-admins. So, the
only real bug is with hppa, and I'm in contact with the upstream to fix
it, hopefully soon.

squashfs has some more sever problems, it did FTBFS on most of the 64bit
archs (except amd64). Seems upstream needs to invest some work to that.
However, the squashfs maintainer in charge is paying attention to it.

Now, the odysee of squashfs/unionfs (at least for the mainstream
architectures) has found its end, they're now official in Debian in the
way we need it - I'll inverst now more time to the other stuff on our
todo beginning with the next weekend and prepare new ISO images.