Program split

I've apt-get sourced live-package and am figuring out ways to split it
up as an exercise.

I would think:
 * make-live-bootstrap - sets up dirs and runs cdebootstrap, installs
kernel, casper and *fs modules
 * make-live-installflavour - loads flavour config file and chroot-execs apt-get
 * make-live-createiso - cleans up, squashes and ISOises

would be a good layout for the main programs, with more subprograms if
necessary. These could be installed in /usr/lib/make-live or something
like that.

Also it's been mentioned that make-live should switch languages. My
opinion on that is don't use C/C++ if you can and AVOID PERL AT ALL
COSTS. (As you can tell I hate Perl.) Bash shell is actually pretty
good, just text parsing isn't its strongest point.

andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com