First DLS ISO available.

My feedback about the minimal system and the xfce live
system from a perspective of an end user who travels
with a memory stick and runs various live distros from
an emulator.

My system:
- Host: PC, plenty of CPU and RAM running Windows XP
- Qemu 0.8, set to emulate a Pentium II with 256 MB
ram
- Benchmarks: knoppix, Damn Small Linux, Salvare
(http://salvare.sourceforge.net), Ubuntu live cd

1) The image boots without chance to enter boot
options (unlike the above mentioned), so I ended up
with wrong keyboard, resolution, etc.

2) Booting time: 7 mins (DSL:25 secs, Knoppix: 45
secs, Salvare:4 mins, Ubuntu: 20 mins, yes!)

3) Like Ubuntu livecd and unlike the others, DNS
failed (etc/resolv.conf no such file...), so no apt,
etc.

4) No usable mail or web programs by default on the
base image, or maybe I haven't found them

5) startx loads xfce in a very large resolution, any
chance to change it at boot time? Changing the
settings from the manager itself crashes Qemu, and
presumably an older PC natively (never happened with
Knoppix)

I have retried various steps again and changed some
Qemu parameters but I had no success.

My initial impression is that of a trimmed down Ubuntu
live cd, beaten to pants in comparison with the above
mentioned distros.