Re: Request to bump my access in lintian team's salsa to maintainer

Hi Nilesh,

Nilesh Patra wrote:
> lintian seems to be having a bunch of merge requests opened against it
> almost at all times.

It's currently even worse as I was on holidays for several weeks and I
am now on sick leave — unrelated to the holidays, though, just bad
luck. (See debian-private for details.)

> While I can approve the requests, I can't really merge them since my
> access level in lintian team is that of a developer. I do not intend to
> merge major changes without discussion (with Axel/Bastien/Russ), but
> rather the minor ones that maybe critical - for instance there is an RC
> bug #1042049 and there is a patch on salsa that I'd like to merge.

Thanks for jumping in!

> Hence, if you trust my judgement on this, would you consider to
> bump my access to that of a maintainer so I can merge some of these
> things on my own?

I've upped your Lintian group membership level by one from Developer
to Maintainer. Does that help? (There's only the level "Owner" above
that and I think that only grants additional administrative
privileges.)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin