Re: Question regarding a rejected package because of lintian

On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 at 01:18, Patrick Franz <deltaone@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Lintian-team,
>
> a binary upload of a package of mine (qt6-webengine) was rejected
> because of Lintian's "embedded library" tag, see the full message at
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2023/07/msg00554.html
>
> Now, the file  libqt6pdf6.lintian-overrides contains the following lines:
>
> ##
> libqt6pdf6: embedded-library freetype usr/lib/*/libQt6Pdf.so.6.*.*
> libqt6pdf6: embedded-library freetype [usr/lib/*/libQt6Pdf.so.6.*.*]
> ##
> [I added similar lines for the other lintian errors mentioned in the
> mail.]
>

> When I run lintian locally, the errors are correctly marked as
> overridden. However, the package gets still rejected.
>
> What do I need to write in the respective lintian-overrides files to
> correctly override the tags for ftp-master ?

Dear Patrick,

The format of your overrides above does not match the lintian output
quoted in the REJECTED message [0]

  [0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2023/07/msg00554.html

I wonder if you rewrite your overrides as (e.g. for
libqt6pdf6.lintian-overrides):

embedded-library usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Pdf.so.6.4.2: freetype
embedded-library usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Pdf.so.6.4.2: lcms2
embedded-library usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Pdf.so.6.4.2: libpng

you will see the tags overridden locally and will also get them
accepted into the NEW queue?

A quick check on Debian CodeSearch [1] shows a lot of current packages
(chromium is the one in the link) using this format to match the
lintian output.

  [1] https://sources.debian.org/src/chromium/115.0.5790.102-2/debian/chromium.lintian-overrides/?hl=2#L2

There have been changes in recent releases of lintian that have
changed the way filenames appearing in overrides should be formatted
(now wrapped in [] - which you already include in your libqt6pdf6
override above) but this change does not seem to be without its own
problems in having overrides silently accepted locally but ignored
when uploading to NEW and having packages rejected, as you have
experienced.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Nick