uscan + lintian

The following watch file works fine:

version=4
opts="pgpsigurlmangle=s/$/.asc/" \
http://sf.net/gscan2pdf/gscan2pdf-(.+)\.tar\.xz debian uupdate

apart from lintian complaining:

I: gscan2pdf source: debian-watch-uses-insecure-uri line 3
N:
N:    The watch file uses an unencrypted transport protocol for the URI.
It is
N:    recommended to use a secure transport such as HTTPS for anonymous
N:    read-only access.

Looking at the verbose output of uscan, it does seem to use https on the
redirected URL.

If I change http to https, then the watch file no longer works.

If I rewrite the watch file not to use the redirector, but to use https,
then it also works, but lintian complains that I should be using the
redirector.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards

Jeff