Fwd: [lintian] Translation of tag descriptions

Hi Niels,

has this job been done in the meanwhile?
I'd like to pick up the thread where I left it in April.
I was quite disconnected from the project for some reasons for quite a long
time, sorry.
I will not return to the German translation list, so I don't know if (German)
translation of the lintian tag descriptions is "allowed" taking into
consideraton the community rules of discussing translations on the German
translators' list.

But...

[quoting your message of April, 13.]
* Help translators getting started
   - Please review the "Translating Lintian" section of the top level
     README and help me improve to make it easier to get started.
   - Please, let me know what I forgot to document/mention that
     translators would like to know.

**I could do this if it hasn't been done already.**

[quote as of your message of April, 13.]
 * Help translators review their (or others) work
   - We got some formatting / mark-up in some of the translations. There
     are automated checks for the mistakes we (i.e. the coders) make
     ourselves.  It is quite possible some of these checks should be
     extended to catch common translation mistakes.
   - Are there existing tools we can trivially run on the po-files to
     check them for common mistakes?

**I could do this if it hasn't been done already.**

Just give me an info. Otherwise, I'll check out something else to work on.

Kind regards

Stephan Beck

former member of i18n and the German translation team