Re: Running Lintian on non-Deb distribution

On 2013-09-10 13:12, Peter Åstrand wrote:

> Thanks for the hint. Creating a "run-lintian" script, as suggested by
> the HackersGuide, helped somewhat, but now I get:
>
>  Can't locate AptPkg/Config.pm in @INC

Yes, it is one of 3 (or so) "Debian-specific" perl modules we use in
Lintian.  From the looks of it, we use

 * Dpkg::Vendor and Dpkg::Version
   (From the libdpkg-perl Debian package, source dpkg)
 * Parse::DebianChangelog
   (From the libparse-debianchangelog-perl Debian package)
 * AptPkg::Config
   (from libapt-pkg-perl Debian package)

To my knowledge none of these are readily available outside Debian (at
least I cannot see them on CPAN).

> I guess i need a perl-AptPkg package or similar, which is not available
> on CentOS.

Right.  If the AptPkg module is the only thing you are missing, then I
can have Lintian use Dpkg::Version as a fallback to replace it.  But
that won't help you if you are also missing Dpkg::Version (or some other
module).

> So, I'll probably give up on this for now, but thanks anyway.
>
> Rgds,
> Peter
>

> [...]

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for trying.  Please do let us know if
there is something we can do to help you in this area.  :)

~Niels