Re: Summary of current experimental tags

Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> writes:

> I had a brief chat with Arno "daemonkeeper" about this and he suggested
> the the use of "exit(2)" has largely been replaced by better interfaces
> in "APR" (see attached log.txt).

I wonder what interface that is.  The reference to APR is weird to me; APR
is a low-level portability runtime similar to Glib, so wouldn't contain
mechanisms for reporting *Apache* errors.

I also don't understand the reference to prefork versus other MPMs, since
I'm talking about initial configuration syntax parsing, which happens
before spinning up the MPM.

Thank you, though; it's quite possible I'm doing something wrong.  I'll
follow up further with him and understand what I'm supposed to be doing.
It sounds like an exception for Apache modules wouldn't be appropriate.