Re: Policy 3.9.4.0 upload target of 2012-09-18

* Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>, 2012-09-17, 12:12:
`build-arch' and `build-indep' are now mandatory targets in `debian/rules'.
The tag for mandatory targets is (fatal) auto-reject, so I am inclined to leave this unfixed in Wheezy/sid for now.

Right, better postpone it until after wheezy is released.

The deprecated relations < and > now must not be used.
I guess we should start checking shlibs files for obsolete relations as well?

I think so. And symbol files, too.

New `Built-Using' field, which must be used to document the source packages for any binaries that are incorporated into this package at build time. This is used to ensure that the archive meets license requirements for providing source for all binaries.
No op or do you want a heuristic for guessing if its absent?
Build-Depends =~ /-source/ might be a reasonable starting guess.

That sounds like a very good heuristics.

We could also check the field syntax, and warn if a version ends with +bN (which is a very unlikely suffix for a source version).

--
Jakub Wilk