Re: Potential patch to lintian docs

On 2011-08-11 14:33, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am including a potential patch to the Lintian documentation. Here is a simple diff;

Hi,

Thanks for the suggested diff.

> [...]
>
> Is this the correct process to commit patches? Do I just do a regular 'git diff' in the git repo and then mail to the list? Or is there another format?

Personally I prefer "git format-patch" patches as they contain author
and commit message.  For larger changes, you may want to work in a
branch and then submit the resulting patch(es).
  Some also publishes a git repository with a branch where they ask for
us to pull from them.

> If the patch is accepted, do I commit via git?

You can commit as much as you like; but I do not think you have access
to pushing directly to the main repository.  I do not know what the
criteria is to get commit/push access, but maybe someone else can
clarify that.  :)

> Regards,
>
> Jeremiah

~Niels