Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 2.5.0-rc1-9-gb88de18

"Niels Thykier" <niels@thykier.net> writes:

> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit b88de18c980e9488ffbab7b719874bfd5f354eb6
> Author: Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
> Date:   Sun Mar 13 09:23:31 2011 +0100

>     Ignore missing versioned deps for debhelper <= 7
>
>     debhelper 7 is in all supported releases of Debian, so there
>     is no point in warning about a missing versioned depends for
>     anything less than that.

We've intentionally not done this because debhelper says to always add the
versioned dependency.  See the advice in the debhelper man page:

       Once your package uses debhelper to build, be sure to add debhelper to
       your Build-Depends line in debian/control. You should build-depend on a
       version of debhelper equal to (or greater than) the debhelper
       compatibility level your package uses. So if your package used
       compatibility level 7:

         Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7)

There's an existing wontfix bug about this with further discussion, I
think.