Re: Doing a full run on lintian.d.o for 2.5.3

On 2011-09-10 13:43, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi
>
> As the subject says, I am doing a full run on lintian.d.o.  The job is
> running in screen (owned by the lintian user), so others can check up on
> it if there are issues.
>   I decided to the run due to the "uses perl4 libs" tags added by the
> Perl people. :)  We are also going to get some more accurate numbers on
> "missing recommended targets" (due to #631711 and #638411).
>
> Out of interest I am trying to track the run time of the full run (hench
> the 'date > "logs/run-$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M)"' following the harness command).
>
> ~Niels

Hey,

So the full run is complete.  Thanks to Jakub, we learned that we are
exceeding the limits of ext3 (there is already a bug on that).  Secondly
we got some time data that you may find interesting as well.

The full run took about 38 hours (give or take)[1] and this is only the
lintian part of the run (notable, the unpack/* scripts not included in
this).  The run checked 12990 + 19647 + 92 packages (source, binary and
udeb respectively)[2].  The low binary number is due to the ext3 issue,
so once that is fixed we can expect an increase in run time.

~Niels

[1] Based on the creation time of the lintian.log and the
html_reports.log files (respectively):

start: 2011-09-11 18:55
end:   2011-09-13 08:42

It also roughtly fits well into my IRC log.

[2] From the statistics file in /srv/lintian.debian.org/logs