Re: The $HISTORY part in reporting/html_reports

On 2011-09-03 08:35, Jordà Polo wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 07:13:52PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> I vaguely recall this "$HISTORY" variable being mention in a debate a
>> while back.  Something about it should be enabled or so on lintian.d.o.
>>  Checking lintian.d.o it appears to be off, so should I enable it?  And
>> should it be on by default in reporting/config?
>
> Thanks for reminding me again.
>
> Enabling it should be OK. This variable is basically used to record the
> number of emitted tags from previous lintian executions.
>
> The part that is missing is using "history" data to plot the evolution
> of lintian tags. The code is in fact already written, but not yet
> committed to the repository since I wanted to test it on real data. Once
> $HISTORY is enabled, I'll do the remaining work: I'll basically need the
> generated files, say, a couple of weeks or a month after enabling it, so
> that there is enough data to test (and enough data to show on the
> website).
>
> No need to enable by default (at least for now).

Done... I admit I am a bit impressed that a single run produces about
2.2Mb worth of data[0].  As far as I can tell Lintian does not have any
"rotation" code for this, is that (to be) a part of the code we are
waiting for?

As a side thing, I cherry-picked fa8334a to lintian.d.o.  That would be
the "link to the git repository" commit.

~Niels

[0]
$ du -sh history/
2,2M    history/