Re: The $HISTORY part in reporting/html_reports

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 07:13:52PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> I vaguely recall this "$HISTORY" variable being mention in a debate a
> while back.  Something about it should be enabled or so on lintian.d.o.
>  Checking lintian.d.o it appears to be off, so should I enable it?  And
> should it be on by default in reporting/config?

Thanks for reminding me again.

Enabling it should be OK. This variable is basically used to record the
number of emitted tags from previous lintian executions.

The part that is missing is using "history" data to plot the evolution
of lintian tags. The code is in fact already written, but not yet
committed to the repository since I wanted to test it on real data. Once
$HISTORY is enabled, I'll do the remaining work: I'll basically need the
generated files, say, a couple of weeks or a month after enabling it, so
that there is enough data to test (and enough data to show on the
website).

No need to enable by default (at least for now).