Re: lintian test suite

Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>>   I heard that some of the legacy tests are known to fail on non-x86
>> architectures; but I do not have a non-x86 system, so I could not verify
>> this.
>
> That would be libbaz (which I keep confusing with foo++ and referring to
> as libfoo) which is the only test case we have currently for
> shlib-with-non-pic-code.  Trying to build such an object on amd64 will
> fail and subsequently make the test fail.  There have been a number of
> discussions regarding how to fix this over the past couple of years (at
> least one involving beer) but we don't appear to have implemented a
> solution as yet.

If it is ported to a new-style test, it can be skipped on non-i386
architectures by adding the Architecture: i386 field to the desc file (see
t/tests/runtests-arch-i386.)

However, since libbaz has other tests, it might be worth splitting the arch-
dependent part from the rest.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer