Re: lintian test suite

On Wed, December 22, 2010 11:01, Niels Thykier wrote:
> I had a look at the test suite and it is only a few hick-ups short of
> being issue free (at least on a x86). I have attached the failures I saw.

Thanks for that.

This:

t/scripts/minimum-version.t ............................... 51/100
#   Failed test '/home/user/debian/lintian/t/runtests'
#   at /usr/share/perl5/Test/MinimumVersion.pm line 104.
# /home/user/debian/lintian/t/runtests requires 5.012 due to syntax
# version markers for 5.012:
# - _yada_yada_yada

is a false positive caused by libperl-minimumversion-perl 1.26-1; see
#607547, which Bremner filed after discovering a similar issue whilst
trying to test one of his recent patches. I confirmed at the time that
downgrading to 1.25-2 makes the test pass again.

>   I heard that some of the legacy tests are known to fail on non-x86
> architectures; but I do not have a non-x86 system, so I could not verify
> this.

That would be libbaz (which I keep confusing with foo++ and referring to
as libfoo) which is the only test case we have currently for
shlib-with-non-pic-code.  Trying to build such an object on amd64 will
fail and subsequently make the test fail.  There have been a number of
discussions regarding how to fix this over the past couple of years (at
least one involving beer) but we don't appear to have implemented a
solution as yet.

Regards,

Adam