Can I override lintian's "bad distribution" error?

Hi,

First of all, thanks for writing and maintaining lintian! :)

Now, I've got a somewhat uncommon (I think) usecase.  We're developing
a couple of software packages in-house, and also making modifications
to some others that are already in Debian.  We have an internal package
repository with two distributions, "hoster-lenny" and "hoster-etch", for
keeping track of our packages for the various servers.  Yes, I know
that I could try to set this up using the Suite tag somehow, but IMHO
a new distribution is the easiest way.

So, in our local setup, "hoster-lenny" is a legitimate backports-like
distribution.  Now, as you may guess, when I target a package at it,
lintian is not too happy - and either I'm being particularly obtuse
today and just can't happen to hit on the right override syntax, or...
well, okay, so *is* there a way to specify an override for
the "bad-distribution-in-changes-file" tag?

I have the following in debian/hoster-scripts.lintian-overrides:

hoster-scripts: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/log-pruner
hoster-scripts: non-standard-file-perm
bad-distribution-in-changes-file
hoster-scripts: bad-distribution-in-changes-file
binary: bad-distribution-in-changes-file
hoster-scripts_0.14-1~hosterbp50+1_i386.changes: bad-distribution-in-changes-file

...and also the following in debian/source/lintian-overrides:

binary: bad-distribution-in-changes-file
source: bad-distribution-in-changes-file
hoster-scripts: bad-distribution-in-changes-file
bad-distribution-in-changes-file

...and none of the "distribution" overrides is being picked up!
Yes, I have a couple of "unused override" warnings, but this keeps
popping up:

E: hoster-scripts_0.14-1~hosterbp50+1_i386.changes: bad-distribution-in-changes-file hoster-lenny

So... *can* I override this error, or are overrides supposed to be
for warnings only?  If that's the case, then I might try my hand at
writing a little something to teach lintian about local distributions,
since the way I see it, right now the list of distributions is very
much hardcoded.  Or maybe that would not be a very good idea, since
it would lead others to override the distribution list in cases when
this is really not desirable?  If that is so, I could live with
this pesky lintian error at every build :)

Once again, thanks for taking care of lintian, and please don't take
this as some kind of whining or grumbling, it's just that I'm looking
for a way to get around a minor annoyance - if a lintian error might
be called that ;)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Key fingerprint	2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13