Re: RFC: further parallelisation (dependency-based collection and check scripts)

Russ Allbery wrote:

> As for putting it into the next release, I'm okay with that, but my
> inclination is to release what's currently in Git since it's all bug fixes
> and relatively minor changes (and a whole ton of them), and then commit
> this, Adam's work on *.changes as first-class objects, and the manual
> rewrite and then stabilize that version as 2.4.0.  Does that sound okay?
> It seems like it would be a good idea to clean up all the random false
> positives and accumulated minor stuff from the BTS in a separate release
> from possibly destabilizing large changes.

Yeah, that sounds okay. Adam's work on .changes files need to be updated to
the latest changes (including the security bug fixes.)

> I didn't get anywhere near as much time to work on Lintian today as I was
> expecting, but I can do an upload tomorrow morning if that sounds
> reasonable.

Okay, no problem. At the moment I'm running the test suite to see what else
needs to be fixed (if it only didn't take that long... :)

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net