Re: Another lintian release for squeeze?

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:

> Sure. The problem is that the output of subcommands is not under the
> control of the thread and as such it can't lock in case of failure or
> unexpected writes.

Yeah, but the things that would blindly display errors are the things that
are very unlikely to fail, like the results from runsystem.  We already
save to a file any failure messages from building the package, and of
course everything from testing the package, and then explicitly call
fail() or run diff, or report a message directly.  Those actions can all
use a mutex, and then the output would be sane unless something like cp -r
failed.